- Project: Camberley and Bracknell 132kV Upgrade Installation
- Client:Â ABB
- Location: Camberley and Bracknell,Surrey
- Project Start Date: March 2012
- Project End Date: March 2013
H&Askham are a cable installation sub-contractor at both Camberley and Bracknell132kV substations where twelve new 132kV circuits are to be installed.
H&Askham are working under ABB to conduct civil,cable and jointing works associated with these new circuits at Camberley and Bracknell.
H&Askham at Camberley and Bracknell
H&Askham were awarded the works at Camberley and Bracknell in April 2012 and the program of works is due to run into 2013. H&Askham are responsible for the following works:
- Installation of approximately 2.0km of ducting including trial hole/route proving
- Installation of approximately 2.0km of 132kV Nexans Cable (1200mmÂ²)
- 36no. Nexans GIS Terminations
- 36no. Nexans AIS (Outdoor Sealing End) Terminations
- 2no. 132kV XLPE to Oil Nexans Transition Joints
- 2no. 132kV XLPE to XLPE Nexans Straight Joints
- All associated oil work including removal of redundant oil filledcable
- All associated steelwork including GIS racking and ODSE Structures
- Construction of 4no. Joint Bays (15mx3m)
Project Management at Camberley and Bracknell
H&Askham have the capability to provide full-time onsite project management on these types of turnkey installation projects.
Our experienced project management team are providing full technical and management support to our teams of civils, cable pullers and jointers onsite which allows us to be one of the only companies in the region that can cover all aspects of cable installation.
H&Askham’s ‘ Safety Dedicated ’ program is integral to this work, along with all other areas of our business, and our management teams are there to ensure that safety is always at the forefront of the work we do.