H&Askham have a core of highly skilled jointers and civil operatives certified with all necessary Authorisations to carry out works within their given disciplines.
Our teams are qualified and have experience on a range of product types amongst others including:
And fibre optic connections including but not limited to Hot splice SC, ST, MT-RJ.
Past projects include:
- Triplex 11 kV polymeric joints
- Fluid-filled / polymeric transition joints 84 kV
- 132kV fluid-filled cable joints
- 132kV nexans sealing ends and transition joints
- 132kV BICC design flexible fluid-filled submarine joints
- 132kV Ericsson transition joints
- 132kV Pfisterer plug-ins (size 3, 4, 5 and 6)
- 275kV fluid-filled
And on fibre optic systems:
Both mechanical crimp splicing and fusion splicing Single mode & multi mode cables ranging from bare single fibre up to steel wired armoured multi-core cables.
Within our teams we also have personnel with network specific authorisations and all necessary training and approvals to work on sites, on land and offshore. These include:
Offshore Approvals including:
- BOSIET – Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training
- STCW 95 – Standards of Training and Certification- Personal survival techniques (National seaTrainingCenter) approved by the Maritime and Coastguard agency.
- RenewableUK Working at heights and rescue- Wind Turbines , (Truman Hall)
- Seafarer medicalcertificate (ENG1) approved by the Maritime and Coastguard agency.
- HUET – Helicopter Underwater Escape Training – (Petans- professional safety training)
- CPCS – Construction Plant Competence Scheme
- 360 deg dumper operatives
- Excavator operatives 1T – 40T
- Ride on Roller Operatives
- TelescopicHandler Operatives
- Cherry Picker Operatives
- Cable Pulling winch – up to 10T
- CSCS – Construction Skills Certification Scheme
- Street Works – Excavation and Reinstatement of roadway, pathway,concrete and bitumous surfaces
- Deep Excavations Certificates – Shoring and Temporary Works
- Banksman Certification
- HSG47 – Location + Avoidance of underground services
- BESC – Basic Electrical Safety Competency
- Working at Heights – Safe use of harnesses (scaffolding works)
- Confined Spaces – Access and Working in confined spaces with rescue and use of Gas detection equipment
- Manual Handling Certification
- Basic and emergency first aid
DNO Tickets including:
- UK Power Networks
- Northern Power Grid
- National Grid
- Scottish and Southern Electricity
- Electricity Northwest
- Western Power Distribution
- LUA – London Underground
For each project we carry out we are able to provide our clients with a training matrix detailing the competences of personnel and can supply individual resumes, certificates and testimonials of past works upon request.
We now have an established training program within the organisation to ensure that our staff retain their certification and that are continually working to improve and develop their skill set.
It is becoming increasing important that the teams are multi-skilled and can work across disciplines to make certain projects can be delivered efficiently and cost effectively.Using this type of model is something H&Askham has received particular praise for.