H&Askham has highly skilled and experienced civil engineering teams focused on the requirements of the electrical industry. This includes the excavation and reinstatement of trenches in all surfaces, the installation of ducting and construction of joint bays.
Site survey methods include cat scan cable detection and trial hole excavations are included in our services.
Hand, soft and machine digging with drivers competent up to 36 tonne scan be carried out as appropriate. All excavation work is carried out in accordance with the new road and streetwork act, as well as individual/private specifications.
H&Askham also constructs concrete structures such as transformer bases, plinths and GRP enclosures.
Summary of Civils capabilities:
- Fully ducted systems – installation of all types of ducting systems
- Direct bury cable systems – open cut trenching systems forcable installation (rollers, snatching etc)
- Cable containment systems – traywork, ladder racking, troughs, cable installation
- Joint bay design and construction
- Street works – installation in carriageway, pathway etc
- Cable decommissioning – removal of redundant cables systems – oil or XLPe
- Hydrogel purging of oil systems
- Plant/equipment movement – including transformers, switchgear